This course is designed to review and refine the Estimators’ skills relative to collision repair estimating. The participant will learn how to optimize profitability per repair order, while complying with insurer DRP requirements.
Participants will be asked to write an estimate in advance of the course, and participants will critique one another’s estimates for thoroughness. Role-playing will allow the participants a chance to practice the various skills that have been taught.
• Value of a thorough initial estimate
• Defining an estimating approach - walking the vehicle and the “family theory”
• Consensus building of repair vs. replace and judgment times
• Common P-page forgettable items, using P-pages for profit
• Negotiating judgment time
• Supplement negotiation
• Identifying suspension damage
• Identifying frame damage
• Solve hard to negotiate items - blend within panel, material caps, etc.